FULL TIME PATIENT CAREASSISTANT
We are pleased to announce that we will be offering a Patient Care Assistant training course. We have full time openings and the STNA is not required. We will train you to become a PCA. The training consists of a 3 week training course that includes classroom and clinical training. If interested in an interview for a full time PCA position, please contact Jackie Boyle at 330-332-7302.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs various patient care activities and related appropriate services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.
· Provides information and orients patient/family to room/unit.
· Assists patient, as needed, with bathing, mouth care, and personal hygiene.
· Assists patients with meals. Measures and records oral intake/output, as directed.
· Empties drainage bags, records in electronic medical record.
· Weighs patients and records.
· Performs treatments, as directed by RN and allowed per department policy/procedure.
· Transports patients as needed to meet patient care needs.
· Takes vital signs.
· Assists patient with elimination/incontinent care needs.
· Performs specimen collection and transportation to Lab.
· Performs post mortem care.
· Prepares room for admission, and discharge cleaning.
· Documents in the patient electronic medical record according to SRMC’s Nursing Department guidelines.
Performs various indirect patient care duties; such as, cleaning equipment and utility rooms