SRMC Has an Exciting Opportunity for Qualified Candidates!
Position: Full Time Director of Environment of Care
Department: Environment of Care
The primary purpose of your job position as Director of the Environment of Care (EOC) is to assume responsibility and accountability for planning, coordinating, controlling, directing, and evaluating the performance of the Hospital EOC Program. Currently, this includes oversight of the Safety Management, Hazardous Materials & Waste Management and Emergency Management sections of EOC.
· Certification as a Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP) preferred
· Certification as Healthcare Emergency Professions (CHEP) preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in health care related field
· Must have good working knowledge of:
o Fundamentals of hospital organization and administration.
o Laws that are applicable to the Hospital.
o Standards and regulations of Joint Commission, Occupational and Safety Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Ohio Department of Health (ODH) and other accrediting agencies.
o Hospital Departments.
o Personnel administration and business administration.
· Must demonstrate leadership, especially with the ability to supervise and direct the work of others.
· Must have data analysis experience to make various computations in planning, controlling departmental objectives and budgets.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
· Tact and diplomacy in dealing with a variety of individuals of varying disciplines
within the organization, in the business and medical communities and governmental agencies.
· Attention to detail and follow-through skills essential.
· Must be self-directed with ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and complete detailed work while often subject to a heavy workload and frequent interruptions.
· Initiative and judgment involved in answering correspondence, answering inquiries, handling clerical and delegated duties with attention to details and regulations.
· Must maintain confidentiality of information of which he/she has knowledge.
· Active participation in County and Regional Safety and Emergency Management committees.
· Competitive wages
· Medical/prescription insurance
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· Accident and critical insurance
· Employe rpaid life insurance
· 403(b) retirement with employer matching
· Extra weekend/weekday bonuses
· Tuition reimbursement
· Continuing education reimbursement
· Cafeteria discounts
· Employee Assistance Program
· Shift differential