SRMC Has an Exciting Opportunity for Qualified Candidates!
Position: Full Time Unit Secretary/Patient Care Assistant (PCA)
Department: Tower 1 ICU/Step Down
Shift: 1.0 FTE, Evenings/Nights, 8 & 12 Hour Shifts
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Unit Secretary/PCA organizes and coordinates the clerical activities, and communication of the Nursing Unit by:
· Answering the telephone and patient communication system.
· Receiving and transmitting messages via the computer.
· Transcribing physician’s orders.
· Maintaining patient’s records.
· Greeting, directing, and giving appropriate factual information to patients, visitors, and personnel from other departments.
· Under the supervision of the Unit Director or as directed by the Registered Nurse, performs various patient care activities and related services in caring for the needs and comfort of patients in accordance with established hospital policies and procedures. The patient population to whom care is delivered, may include newborns, toddlers, adolescents, adults, and the elderly.
· High school /GED required. Ability to write legibly and spell accurately, able to read different hand writings, and knowledgeable of medical and technical terms required.
· Successfully completed basic computer course, or proof of relevant work experience.
· Successful completion of the Unit Secretary Training and orientation programs provided by the hospital.
· Must have completed an approved curriculum for State Tested Nurse Aide (STNA) training, and passed the Nurse Aide competency tests for written/oral and clinical skills; or completed the SRMC Patient Care Assistant training course; or completed a Medical Assistant curriculum; or completed the first semester of the physical assessment course in the Nursing Program. After hire, maintaining PCA competencies will be done through skills lab, observation, and written exams, etc.
· Must have or obtain certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (maintains currency of certification).
· Competitive wages
· Medical/prescription insurance
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· Accident and critical insurance
· Employer paid life insurance
· 403(b) retirement with employer matching
· Tuition reimbursement
· Continuing education reimbursement
· Cafeteria discounts
· Employee Assistance Program
· Shift differential