SCH Professional Corporation Has an Exciting Opportunity for Qualified Candidates!
Position: Full Time Medical Assistant
Department: Firestone Immediate Care
Shift: Day Shift – 9am– 7pm, 4-10 Hour Shifts
The primary purpose of a Medical Assistant is to perform assigned duties in an efficient manner, in accordance with the established procedures, and as directed by the Office Manager and/or licensed physician(s) to assure that a successful viable office is maintained at all times. You are responsible to perform selected nursing and administrative/clerical duties that assist inpatient care management, minor patient triage, administering first aid, performing laboratory and clinical tests, and assisting the physician in the office environment. Must care for a patient population which includes infants, adolescents and geriatrics, therefore, must be able to identify the special needs of each patient according to age and respond appropriately.
· High school diploma required.
· Technical or Vocational training as a Medical Assistant preferred, but not required.
· Minimum of one year experience preferred. Experience performing prior authorizations.
· Requires reading and understanding of moderately complex or detailed documents containing some unusual words and phrases. Requires arithmetic ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers. Some typing or word processing is required, general forms and/or internal memos or short letters. Requires computer skills for basic data entry and retrieval. Experience using and documenting in Electronic Health Records (EHR), or Electronic Medical Records(EMR). Ten finger keyboard typing skills are required. Experience performing prior authorizations preferred. BLS certification preferred but not required.
· Competitive Wages
· Medical/prescription insurance
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· Accident and critical insurances
· 403(b) retirement with employer matching
· Cafeteria discounts
· Employee Assistance Program