SCH Professional Corporation Has an Exciting Opportunity for Qualified Candidates!
Position: Full Time Certified Professional Coder
Department: Physician Billing
Shift: Monday – Friday, Days
The primary purpose of the CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL CODER position is to perform assigned duties in an efficient manner, in accordance with established procedures, and as directed by the supervisor to assure that a successful, viable department is maintained at all times.
The certified coder’s primary duties are handling all aspects of billing of medical claims and following through to ensure timely processing and adjudication of medical claims.
- Auditing accounts for necessary billing information and filing claims in a timely manner with all insurance carriers.
- Coding the physician portion of surgical procedures and any procedures done in an office/outpatient setting.
- Periodic auditing of physician office documentation for coding accuracy.
- Assisting patients with claims.
- Performing all necessary clerical functions connected with the filing of claims.
- Input charges and balancing all payments on a daily basis.
- Educate physicians and staff with coding and compliance guidelines
The candidate must have a high level of understanding of insurance carriers’ explanation of benefits and be able to handle working with insurance carriers over the phone in a timely fashion to ensure maximum reimbursement on claims. A high knowledge of insurance carrier websites and ability to appeal claims online or in writing with strong written and verbal skills is required.
· 3-5 years Certified Physician Coding Experience
· Strong computer skills with emphasis on efficiency and accuracy
· Complete understanding of Modifiers, Claims Adjustment/Reason Adjustment Codes
· Able to read and interpret EOBs
· Ability to communicate with co-workers, physicians and insurance companies in a professional, business-like manner
· Ability to multi task and work within a specified deadline
· Competitive Wages
· Medical/prescription insurance
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· Accident and critical insurances
· 403 (b)retirement with employer matching
· Cafeteria discounts
· Employee Assistance Program